with NYU Workflow
To use NYU Workflow
, you will need an Internet-connected Windows
- An up-to-date Web browser. We recommend Internet Explorer 6.x or higher. (For most Workflow applications, Firefox 2.0 or higher can also be used).
These versions can be downloaded from the ITS software site at
- Grants Management Planning Tool and BIA-New Budget users,
please note: The New Budget System can only be used with
Internet Explorer (version 6.x or higher).
- Adobe Reader, version 6 or higher.
In addition, you will need an NYU Workflow log-on ID and password
, you will also need access to the fame
database with the
appropriate chartfield security access rights. (For further information or to
request the required logon ID and access permissions, please send e-mail to
or call the
ITS Client Services Center at 1-212-998-3333.)
Configuring Your Browser Settings
For optimal use of BIA and other NYU Workflow applications, we recommend that
you configure your browser as follows.
Internet Explorer - Version 6.x or higher recommended
- Click on Tools in the menu bar at the top of the Internet Explorer
window. Click on Internet Options. (This opens the Internet Options
- Under "Temporary Internet Files", click on Settings. (This opens
the Settings box.)
Under "Check for newer versions of stored pages", click on Every visit
to the page; click OK. (This closes the Settings box.)
- Still in the Internet Options box, click on the Advanced tab. (This
opens the Advanced Settings list.)
Click Apply at the bottom of the Internet Options box. Click OK
to close the Internet Options box.
Exit your browser and restart it before continuing.
- In the Browsing section of the list, find the Show friendly
HTTP error messages entry. Remove the checkmark next to it, if any,
by clicking on the checkmark.
- In the HTTP 1.1 settings section (use the scroll bar to get to
it), neither entry should be checked. If there is a checkmark next to
either Use HTTP 1.1 or Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections,
click on the checkmark to remove it.
Firefox - Version 2
- Note: At this time, the Grants Management Planning Tool and New Budget
System can only be used with Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools in the menu bar at the top of the Firefox window.
Click on Options.
- In the menu at the top of the Options box, click
on the Privacy icon.
- In the Private Data section, check the box next to "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox."
- Click the Settings button. On the Clear Private Data window that opens, check the boxes next to the items you want cleared every time you close Firefox, including "Cache."
- Click OK.
- Exit your browser and restart it before continuing.
Help by Phone and E-mail
Call the IT Service Desk at 1-212-998-3333, or send email to AskITS@nyu.edu.
- Service Desk staff specializing in support for administrative applications are available 9 am-5 pm ET, Monday through Friday.
- Service Desk staff are available by phone and email 24x7x365.
return to top
- Log in to NYUHome.
- Start up your Web browser. (Double-click the Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Link to http://home.nyu.edu,
enter your NetID and password, click Go.
- Log in to NYU Workflow.
- Click the NYUHome Work tab (upper right):
- Click the Login link in the Administrative Systems
- In the sign-on screen that appears, type your User Name
and Password. Click the Login button
in the upper right-hand corner of the sign-on screen.
- The NYU Administrative Services Main Menu will appear.
return to top